The class imbalance ratio test allows you to set a threshold on the ratio between the number of rows from the most common class and the least common class.
- Category: Integrity.
- Task types: Tabular classification, text classification.
- Availability: .
Why it matters
- Class imbalance can significantly impact the performance of predictive models.
- Measuring the class imbalance ratio helps select more appropriate evaluation metrics.
- Awareness of the extent of class imbalance guides the choice of model and data preprocessing techniques.
- While class imbalance is inherent to certain problems, it is important to continuously measure the class imbalance ratio to ensure that it does not go out of control.